Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ceramics, how do you get image you designed in photoshop onto the plate?

I have designed a number of plates in Photoshop - it is a circular design with stuff inside the circle, like a plate. It's designed to be a plate. Now I want to get what I designed in photoshop onto the plate and then fire the plates. I know I can try to paint it, or I can print it and then paint the picture and then try to transfer it but I don't paint that great, is there another way to do it - like print onto some substance where it should transfer or like a transparency or ink transfer? has anyone done this? If I can do this, I can make some cool plates, and that would be a good thing.





thanksCeramics, how do you get image you designed in photoshop onto the plate?
I have been researching this for over 10 years and have discovered many ways to do it . Look at my homepage on dot mac--


%26lt;%26gt;http://homepage.mac.com/fredrick/FileSharing1.html%26gt;





Look under decals. I explain how to do it in several ways.


My most recent way is with a laser color copier using Baltea D.C. ceramic pigment toners that give near perfect full color from photos or graphics.


For plates you may be better off using ink jet embossing because the color laser uses a little lead in the image and the ink jet embossing does not.Ceramics, how do you get image you designed in photoshop onto the plate?
I myself am not sure of the technique, but interestingly enough I have been searching this same topic today...apparently one form of this technique is referred to as ';digital transfer imagery';....In my searching I came across Stephen Brown--http://stephenbrownceramics.co.uk/ ....amazing work and hopefully this helps you....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment