Friday, January 8, 2010

PHOTOSHOP: How to cut out much of the background so I can resize my image?

I made up a business card in Photoshop CS2 in a basic blank picture format, NOT in the bus card format. When zoomed out, it appears as a small rectangle within a larger area of grey-and-white squares, which I assume are basically unused background area. I now need to officially resize my bus card to be 1.93 inches high by 3.43 wide- when I punch in those numbers, the WHOLE THING resizes to that... I'm left with a teeny squished blob (that's my card design) in the corner of a business-card-sized grey-and-white checkered rectangle. How do I essentially extract my design area to put it into a business card size with no background so my printing company can accept it? I also have Illustrator, if that helps.PHOTOSHOP: How to cut out much of the background so I can resize my image?
Have you tried just shrinking the canvas (Canvas Size.... menu item) to the image rather than changing the image size?





Or, if you can select just the business card and copy it to the clipboard (CTL-C), then open a new image (File-%26gt;New...) Photoshop often sets the canvas size of the new image to exactly match what you have in the clipboard - just accept the settings that photoshop gives you for the new image and paste your card in there. THEN you can resize that image to your heart's content.PHOTOSHOP: How to cut out much of the background so I can resize my image?
Use the crop tool.
Have You tried to go to edit them image size and resize it that way? if you do resize it are you zooming in? because sometimes when you resize it is just zoomed far away

No comments:

Post a Comment